Monday, January 31, 2011

Sterling - Jan. 2011

I Regret That I Have but One Life to Give

“I regret that had but one life to give for my country.” I want to start this blog out with this quote by a man who loved his country, even to the point of death; Nathan Hale. He was an American spy in the revolutionary war. He had been caught stealing British documents. The British dragged him out to execute him without even a trial, and when asked what his last words would be, he replied, “I regret that had but one life to give for my country.”

If he loved his country so much that he’d give his life for it, how much more should we give our lives for our God? I have had the privilege to meet people like that all over the world. Some of those people have been put in jail up to seven times. Even though most of us don’t have to live like that, we still have a responsibility to do what God has given us to do, whether it’s in our town or even around the world. Like in Vietnam, China, or any where else no matter how old you are, you still have a responsibility to do what you are called to. That can be hard sometimes. Christ never said it would be easy, instead, He said, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation (Mark 16:15).” He didn’t say, “go preach the good news where it’s the easiest.” See the difference? “All creation,” that means Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Australia, Russia, everywhere! But sadly, most of the people that I know are nice and comfortable in their nice little house with their nice little car. They never step outside of their comfort zone to tell anybody about God. I'm not saying you can't be comfortable. It’s just that you can't stay in the same place, stagnant, when God has called you somewhere else or to lay your hands to something. You need to go! Wherever it is, no matter how hard it is, we need to “go”. We have to “go”.

Jesus died on cross for you and me and we don’t even take time to listen to Him, or tell anyone about Him in the simplest and easiest of situations. Maybe sometimes we just need to slow down, listen, and come before God willing to do what He has called us to do.

3 comments:

  1. Keep posting also! I read your posts over again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (: haha I think I remember saying something along these lines.

    ReplyDelete