Monday, September 6, 2010

Benjamin - September 2010

Hobbes
I have a little Hobbe“r”s that goes everywhere with me,
He’s cute and very furry and is as fluffy as can be.

I say that he is cute but if you ever saw this dog.
You’d not “Awe!” about his cuteness,
But probably rather pet a frog.

He looks like a little werewolf
double bottom fangs on either side.
They only serve to hinder licking,
Which he couldn’t stop if he tried.

As ugly as he is
He’s the kindest little thing
Ticks and all can’t keep thankfulness away for
All the joy and happiness he brings.

He shows love endlessly
Playing, chasing, sitting near
And never stopping to lick and love you
That’s how he shows you that you’re dear.

He likes to lick everyone,
No matter who it is.
Though many shoves are given him,
He still always has to kiss.

He stands less than a foot off the ground
His upturned hair, you’d laugh if you saw
But sadly now I have to end this…
I know you might say “Awe”.

Not to worry, I’ll be back with more on Hobbes,
And the next time I might tell
Of our big ole burly golden retriever
Hobbes best friend, Brutis Shnell.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem! You are SO talented! I know your parents must be proud. May God give you a very blessed, highly favored, most marvelous day!

    Ruthie (Brannen) Crockett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Burke Boys, just a note: if you put a semi-colon between labels all the labels together are counted as one. You should put a comma between labels, instead.
    Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete